Three Common Questions About Criminal Charges

For more than 40 years, the attorneys at Donatoni & Crichton have provided highly skilled criminal defense representation to individuals throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania.

If you have recently been charged with a state or federal crime, you may have questions about your situation. Below are three of the most common questions our clients ask when meeting with our lawyers.

What Happens If The Police Catch Me With Drugs In My Car?

During a routine traffic stop, some police officers may look into your car to check for drugs. If drugs turn up in your car, you may face major drug charges even if the drugs do not belong to you.

Our attorneys will investigate your case to determine whether the officer violated your constitutional rights and conducted an illegal search. We have successfully defended juveniles, college students and adults facing drug charges.

What Is The Difference Between State And Federal Criminal Charges?

The key difference between federal and state charges is who has primary jurisdiction. Federal prosecutors oversee federal charges while state charges are overseen by the Pennsylvania courts. Both federal and state charges can carry harsh penalties. It is critical you speak with an attorney who can guide you through the legal process.

If I Plan To Plead Guilty, Do I Still Need An Attorney?

It is imperative to speak with a criminal defense attorney, regardless of whether you are thinking about pleading guilty. A highly qualified attorney can analyze your case and help you determine what your best option is.

Additionally, an attorney understands how to negotiate with the prosecution to help you achieve a more favorable outcome. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators who will diligently work to reduce the penalties you are facing.

We Are Prepared To Answer Your Questions

Few people who are facing criminal charges have all the answers. Our attorneys have resolved a broad range of complex criminal cases for those in West Chester, Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. Whether it is settling your case or fighting to protect your rights in court, we will always advocate for your best interests.

Get the questions about your case answered during a free consultation. Contact us in West Chester at 610-314-7075 or by sending our office an email.